Monday 27 October 2014

Advertising


Here is some knowledge for Makeup Artist on Market Research, I have researched the following and hopefully this will help others progress into the industry.

Where is the best place to advertise?
Wedding Fayres.

I recently did a wedding fayre. It was my second wedding fayre. The first fayre I did I was assisting another very well recognised Makeup Artist. it was such a great experience working with someone else because I got too see how they spoke to people and advertise them self. I would recommend this to any trainee Makeup Artist because this would give you the experience doing makeup on brides, what your boss wants and the expectations needed.

It was unpaid but I would definitely recommend it.  The second fayre was also unpaid but if I did the models makeup I got a free stall which are normally £80.00 and got to put my cards in every brides goodie bag, which was really good. This is the best place to advertise yourself (if this is what you want to get into) they are normally at the weekend but if you are going to do weddings then you will be giving up your weekends anyway.  There were meant to be 15 models but in the end there was 5, which wasn’t bad at all as another MUA was there. This is a chance for you to really show off your skills and do a flawless makeup. Having the models go down a catwalk in-front of brides to be is prime location.

This really helped me as I don’t know what I still want to do. I try and do a bit of everything because it will help me choose a path in the makeup industry.  For makeup artists weddings are your bread and butter money.  All you need to do is a couple of wedding fayres to promote yourself and then you will start getting jobs.  Remember a lot of it is word of mouth so keep doing it!


Portfolio hosting.

You can always advertise yourself on sites like purple port, portfora, model mayhem and carbon made. This is a great way of advertising yourself for free.  Write a paragraph about you and what you have done in the past and put up some of your favourite pictures.  Even though it takes some time to post it up its worth it as you can network and potentially get jobs. 


Competitions.

I got through to the Olympia beauty competition this summer, it was futuristic theme and I got in the final ten which was a proud moment. I didn't win but it was great to put in my cv and was an experience in its self.  Always look for a competition. students was free to apply but for professional's it was £35.00.  There are lots of competitions so always keep a lot out and see what’s out there!




Blogs.

 What a perfect place to show your work and express what you are feeling you can give tips and show demonstrations, do whatever you want and it’s free! Personally I love blogger, easy to use and can use it on your phone.


Social networking.

 I will do a post more about social networking. But this is a really good way of getting yourself out there. Like Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest. Keeping people updated with your work shows people you are busy and love what you are doing and makes them interested in you.



Hope this post has helped you. Em xx


No comments:

Post a Comment