Sunday 19 October 2014

Top 10 kit must haves


top 10 kit essentials 

Top 10 kit essentials

People ask me on makeup jobs what are my kit essentials so I thought I would share with you guys what is a must for me. Everyone is different but here are my top 10 kit essentials that I can’t leave the house without for a job.


10. Mints.
 There is nothing worse than a makeup artist with smelly breath. It puts your client off massively. I always remember when i was little going into a shop with my mum and Nan and we stopped at a makeup counter. We were looking at products for my Nan and the lady came over to us and offered to show my Nan what it looked like on her. My Nan was so put off by the smell of the girl’s breath she made an excuse and went away.  You wouldn't like it if you had a professional doing your makeup breathing on you with smelly breath!  VERY OFF-PUTTING!

9. Cleanser.
  You will always need a cleanser or wipes in your kit. I carry a few different things so it suits the client im with, nars makeup remover water, simple foam cleanser and I got 3 different types of wipes sensitive, normal and dry. You will always need some kind of cleanser whether its wipes or oil. It’s not nice for the clients if you can't be there with a wipe if needed!
http://narscosmetics.co.uk/en_GB/skincare-makeup-removers/0607845022510.html#start=1 £19.50

http://www.simple.co.uk/our-products/product/kind-to-skin-vital-vitamin-foaming-cleanser.html £4.49

8. Bag, bin or box.

  I always hate it when I see other MUA's not have anything to put their rubbish in,. It look so unprofessional have all your dirty wipes disposables over the table.  You can buy a mini table bin, I have got one which you can fold down after you have used it. http://www.gurumakeupemporium.com/epages/BT4080.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4080/Products/683 which is £4.75 (highly recommend it) just make sure the table is tidy! 


 7. Hydra veil.
 This is the best thing for a mua. It completely changes the clients face. It’s a must, there are no words to describe this magical mixture.
http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/products/complexion/primers/hydra-veil £30. 00 



6. Lip balm.
This can be used at the start of a makeup look to rehydrate the lips or to give a finishing touch. Not only a hero for the lips, you can use it as a glitter medium or to create a wet look eye.  I have every Vaseline in my kit. They last a long time and are really good value for money.  Can change the way the lip feels straight away. 



5. Disposables/ cotton pads/tissues.
EVERY mua should have disposables in their kit. It is the safest way to apply makeup like mascara and lip-gloss.  I have two boxes full of different disposables from different types of wands to
Special fx wands.  I have a box of tissues and cotton pads as they both come in useful from blotting the lips to using as a protective barrier under eyes. 

4. Business cards.

You never know who will be there. Always give your cards out so people have your number and details (you never know they could pass it on to someone else) always offer them to every client you work with. 



3. Setting powder.
There is nothing worse than a shiny face. Make sure you have powder so you can powder throughout the shoot, or job.  It’s a setting barrier and will stop the makeup from moving, this makes your job easier when touching up!




2. Hand sanitizer.

 Always use this, it keeps everything safe, even if you stop and go get a drink, it puts your clients at ease knowing you are being safe and hygienic. You can get lovely smelling ones so it’s not too harsh when going back to doing the makeup.

1. Lashes.

You can never have enough eye lashes, and you never know what your job is going to be, I feel eyelashes can change a look completely and finish it off.  You don’t have to get really expensive eyelashes and they are reusable (if you are going to reuse make sure you clean them properly!) 


This is what I can’t live without when doing the makeup, most of them are nothing special but just makes it a lot easier for you to be a professional makeup artists. Hope you enjoyed reading.
   Em

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment